2006 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
This vintage perfectly blends Old World and New World styles. It is an elegant integration of black cherry and blackberry fruit flavors and bright acidity that will give it the ultimate longevity. The briary nature of the fruit and edgy tannin on the finish make this a wine that will come alive with a well-marbled steak. Decant for 60 to 90 minutes. Drink now through 2020.
– Tasting note written on February 21, 2012.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19.5% Merlot, 4.5% Petit Verdot, 1% Malbec
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 66% French oak and 34% American oak
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: June 17 - July 23, 2008
- Release Date: May 1, 2010