2002 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
Considered a vintage of patience and arguably this decade’s greatest, 2002 has evolved into a ringer for Left Bank Bordeaux with its silky-smooth tannins and layers of complex cherry and cassis fruit. This is a seamless wine that is tasting magnificently at this point in its life. Decant 30 minutes prior to serving. Drink now through 2018.
– Tasting note written on December 9, 2013.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Merlot, 1% Petit Verdot, 1% Cabernet Franc
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 65% French oak and 35% American oak; 3 months in American oak tanks
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: June 25 - August 3, 2004
- Release Date: February 1, 2006