1999 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
The 1999 vintage was the first harvest of our estate hillside vineyards. Dried cassis and black cherry fruits and a hint of vanilla oak remain on the nose, intermingling with a bouquet of tea leaf, tobacco, leather and autumn spices. On the palate, a lively acidity is balanced by a firm, tannic backbone. The 1999 is just about to peak and truly demonstrates the charms of a beautifully aged Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon.
While 1999 will continue to be enjoyable to those who appreciate an aged wine, the more savory, aged-wine components will likely dominate the fruit aromatics by 2020. Decant and enjoy immediately or let breathe for an hour. Drink 750mL bottles now or hold up to 2020 for peak maturity. The 1.5L may be enjoyed now through 2025, 3L through 2026 and 6L through 2035.
– Tasting note written on October 2, 2013.
- Appellation: Sonoma County
- Blend: 76.8% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23.2% Merlot
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 71% French oak and 29% American oak; 6 months in American oak tanks
- Alcohol Level: 12.8%
- Bottling Dates: June 18 - July 24, 2001
- Release Date: March 1, 2003