1999 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
The 1999 vintage marks the first harvest of our hillside vineyards. Grapes from these higher elevations produce complex flavors, lower yields, and enhanced structure for aging. More than a decade later, this silky wine reveals seamless black cherry, cedar and vanilla flavors with supple tannins. Drink 750mL bottles now or hold up to 2014 for peak maturity. 1.5L may be enjoyed now through 2020, 3L through 2026 and 6L through 2035.
– Tasting note written on September 25, 2012.
- Appellation: Sonoma County
- Blend: 76.8% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23.2% Merlot
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 71% French oak and 29% American oak; 6 months in American oak tanks
- Alcohol Level: 12.8%
- Bottling Dates: June 18 - July 24, 2001
- Release Date: March 1, 2003