Under the direction of the Director of Agricultural Operations, is responsible for ensuring proper operation of equipment which supports the Agricultural operations.
Benefit package includes vacation, sick pay, medical, dental, vision and 401K matching.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance and service on equipment and vehicles
- Maintains clear and accurate records of all equipment servicing and tracks scheduled maintenance program for equipment.
- Responds promptly to notification of equipment malfunction or failure
- Troubleshoots, repairs and rebuilds mechanical equipment
- Modifies, constructs, and/or fabricates equipment as needed
- Provides building and grounds maintenance as needed
- Order parts and materials to complete jobs as needed and approved by Director of Agricultural Operations
- Adheres to safety regulations and policies; reports any potential safety issues to supervisor or the Safety Coordinator
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance of the job would qualify. An associate’s degree or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Training and/or significant experience in Diesel Equipment Technology, General Automotive Technology, and significant welding experience are required. Additionally, knowledge of pumps, water hydraulics, basic electrical wiring, and/or basic construction is preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, diagrams and schematics, plans, and procedure manuals
- Work safely in a shop environment including proper handling techniques for hazardous substances. Exhibits precise, correct, and safe practices when dismantling, assembling, and installing all equipment, including vineyard machinery and implements.
- Record and maintain equipment service records
- Effectively communicate equipment problems and recommended solutions to the Director of Agricultural Operations
- Use various hand tools, power tools, welders, and torch
- Troubleshoot electrical components on motors, circuits, and controllers
- Working knowledge of diesel and gasoline engines, pumps, and compressors
- Operate agricultural tractors and their implements as needed.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registration
- Valid Class “C” California Driver’s License is required
- Valid Class “A” California Driver’s License is required
Other Qualifications, Skills and/or Abilities
- Must be fluent in English. Working knowledge of Spanish is preferred.
- Computer literacy required. Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, talk or hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must also have the ability to work weekends and overtime as determined by the Director of Agricultural Operations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, insects, reptiles, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.