2008 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
To make a wine of greatness, the vintner must accept losses in both grapes and wine due to strict quality standards similar to the very best crus in Bordeaux. Two significant frosts in spring of 2008 affected grapevine growth, lowering grape cluster yields as much as 20% per vine. A wine that captures the heart of Jordan's style—balance, elegance and full expression of fruit—Jordan 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon has a smooth, silky structure that showcases the delicacy of the vintage. Elegant aromas of cherries and plums open to a soft, silky mouthfeel boasting a spectrum of red and black fruit flavors with a hint of spicy oak. Enjoy now or cellar through 2020.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 77% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 60% French oak and 40% in American oak
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: June 7 - July 14, 2010
- Release Date: May 1, 2012