2007 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
The 2007 growing season made this vintage a winemaker's dream. A smaller crop yielded more concentrated flavors in the grapes, and moderate temperatures allowed the fruit to mature slowly and beautifully. A seamless wine, the 2007 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon exudes beautiful, dense, blackberry aromas that echo through the mid-palate. The mouthfeel is silky-smooth with soft, round tannins accented by a vanilla quality from aging one year in primarily French oak barrels. Enjoyable now or worthy of cellaring through 2020.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot and less than 1% Malbec
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 70% French oak and 30% American oak
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: July 6 - August 7, 2009
- Release Date: May 1, 2011