2005 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
With concentrated aromas of cassis, cherry, cedar, rose petal and tobacco, this complex wine exhibits blackberry and blueberry flavors with a hint of vanilla from oak aging. 2005 was a vintage that showed well immediately upon its release in 2009, but it is meant for the cellar. This wine will continue to age gracefully until 2021 and perhaps beyond. Decant for 60 to 90 minutes.
– Tasting note written on February 21, 2012.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 64% French oak and 36% American oak
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: June 28 - August 7, 2007
- Release Date: March 1, 2009