2004 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
There is femininity about this vintage that will seduce you with soft, supple tannins and a sweetness of fruit. This wine has blossomed with cherry, plum and cassis notes laced with a thread of spicy American oak throughout the mid-palate and finish. “The best it’s ever tasted,” Winemaker Rob Davis said in our winemaker’s recent retrospective tasting. Decant for 30 minutes. Drink now through 2015.
– Tasting note written on February 21, 2012.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot, 2% Cabernet Franc
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 62% French oak and 38% American oak; 4 months in American oak tanks
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: June 7 - June 28, 2006
- Release Date: February 1, 2008