2003 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
The exemplary 2003 growing season produced a layered, richly textured wine that has yet to reveal its age. Over time, the oak has transitioned into a supporting role for the luscious, black cherry fruit that remains abundant, accompanied by an elegant balance of spices, acidity and silky tannins. Its soft, velvety structure is beguiling. Decant 30 to 60 minutes. Drink now through 2018.
– Tasting note written on December 9, 2013.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 2% Petit Verdot, 2% Cabernet Franc
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 68% French oak and 32% American oak; 3 months in American oak tanks
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: July 6 - August 8, 2005
- Release Date: January 1, 2007