2001 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
With one of our earliest harvests on record, this vintage produced fruit especially noted for its small berries and loose clusters. Showing flavors of both bing and black cherry, leather and cedar. It carries an elegant backbone of tannins leading to a rich, smooth finish. The 750mL should peak by 2015, the 1.5L by 2022, the 3L by 2030, and the 6L by 2035.
– Tasting note written on April 18, 2012.
- Appellation: Sonoma County
- Blend: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 66% French oak and 34% American oak; 3 months in American oak tanks
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: June 6 - July 17, 2003
- Release Date: February 1, 2005