2000 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
The addition of fruit from our hillside vineyards contributed to the well-integrated aromatics, depth of flavor, and round mid-palate feel of our 2000 vintage. It delivers lovely fruit characters with bright acids and balance. A little shy on the palate but still showing a lot of complexity with intriguing white pepper, flowers and herb notes. Lingering cherry and dusty strawberry fruit dance on the palate. The 2000 is silky, elegant and delicious. Drink the 750mL and 1.5L now through 2015. The 3L and 6L will continue to mature through 2030 and well beyond.
– Tasting note written on April 18, 2012.
- Appellation: Sonoma County
- Blend: 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 65% French oak and 35% American oak; 6 months in American oak tanks
- Alcohol Level: 13.5%
- Bottling Dates: June 11 - July 25, 2002
- Release Date: January 1, 2004