1989 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
The 1989 harvest was very rainy with constant cloud cover. We hired a helicopter to fly over and "blow dry" the vines to save the fruit. Two decades later, this wine shows slight Brettanomyaces on the nose with a nice aged Bordeaux character, and still-lively French oak. While the palate is soft and silky, with mouthwatering acidity, the fruit has faded. The 750mL is past its prime. For larger formats, drink now.
– Tasting note written on June 2, 2009.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 80.7% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16.6% Merlot, 2.7% Cabernet Franc
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 65% French oak and 35% American oak
- Alcohol Level: 12.4%
- Bottling Dates: July 8 - August 22, 1991
- Release Date: March 1, 1993