1984 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
Rob Davis recalls, “Tom Jordan loved the 1984 vintage. We used a higher proportion of French oak to build the structure and less American oak to avoid diminishing the fruit aroma.” The 750mL is just past its peak. For larger formats, drink now.
– Tasting note written on June 1, 2009.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 87.76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12.24% Merlot
- Barrel Aging: 11.5 months in 64% French oak and 36% American oak
- Alcohol Level: 13.0%
- Bottling Dates: June 2 - July 8, 1986
- Release Date: March 1, 1988