1981 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
Our 1981 Cabernet Sauvignon captured the intensity of a short, very warm harvest season. The wine now shows aromatics of dried fruit accompanied by herbaceous and vegetal notes. Slightly lighter on the palate than the 1980 vintage but still carrying the black cherry fruit component supported by an uplifting acid structure. Slightly shy on the mid-palate and finish at this point in its life. The 750mL is past prime, and larger formats should be enjoyed now.
– Tasting note written on April 18, 2012.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 88.2% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11.8% Merlot
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 54% French oak and 46% American oak
- Alcohol Level: 12.8%
- Bottling Dates: June - August 1983
- Release Date: March 1, 1985