1979 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
Three decades later, the 1979 vintage is desperately holding on to what is left of the once perfectly balanced components of acidity, fruit, alcohol, and tannins. It has a lovely aged Bordeaux quality (leather, cherry, herbal tea, plums), and a still-lively palate with soft, silky tannins. Bottles vary, but we’ve found some gems in our cellar—it’s time to check yours! While the 750mL is past its peak, the larger formats continue to romance those lovers of aged wine.
– Tasting note written on December 3, 2011.
- Appellation: Alexander Valley
- Blend: 92.6% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7.4% Merlot
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in 54% French oak and 46% American oak
- Alcohol Level: 13.0%
- Bottling Dates: June 16 - August 17, 1981
- Release Date: March 1, 1983